Wildfire Safety Tips For This Season!
By on August 24, 2020
As most know, California is experiencing a bunch of wildfires and evacuations this summer and we want to make sure that we are all staying safe! Here are tips from the Sacramento Metro Air District on how to remain safe and healthy with the bad air quality:
- Stay indoors with doors and windows closed as much as possible
- Use your air conditioner set to re-circulating indoor air mode
- Go outside only if you must, and minimize outdoor activities if you see or smell smoke
- Contact your doctor if you have symptoms of cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms you believe to be caused by smoke
- Children, the elderly and people with respiratory or heart conditions should be particularly careful to avoid exposure
- Those with heart disease should especially limit their smoke exposure due to increased risk of heart attacks
- If you have asthma, follow your asthma management plan
Learn more HERE!