Pixabay.com

Don’t Let Your Pets Near Your Salt Lamp

Himalayan salt lamps are all the rage right NOW and lots of people are posting pictures on social media with them but they can be deadly for your pets…

Megaphone.upworthy.com posted an article about the dangers of Himalayan salt lamps for your pets. They told the story of one case where a cat had licked a Himalayan salt lamp and got really sick. After licking the lamp, they say that the kitty was:

unable to hear, see, or walk. She couldn’t control her tongue and was unable to eat or drink as a result.  

The kitty had an extremely high level of sodium due to licking the lamp. Her owners were unaware that she was even licking the lamp. They say that the kitty has a long road to recover but they’re hoping she’ll make a full recovery. Vets are saying it’s even more common for dogs to lick these lamps.

If you have a Himalayan salt lamp, veterinarians suggest keeping them out of reach of your fur babies for their own safety.

NOW Trending: Grandma Charges Family $45 For A Plate Of Christmas Dinner

Contests

Listen Live

Follow Now 100.5 FM