Woman Dies After Eating Raw Oysters
A woman died after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria from raw oysters. At first she thought it was an allergic reaction.
By Doug Lazy on January 8, 2018
A woman died after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria from raw oysters. See what happened…
CBSNews.com says that the woman got really sick after eating raw oysters that she bought from a market in Louisiana. At first she thought it was an allergic reaction but after going to the doctor’s, the woman found out that she had contracted “vibrio — a potentially deadly bacterial infection” from eating the raw oysters.
The article says that according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
“people can become infected with vibrio after eating raw or under-cooked shellfish or by exposing open wounds to brackish water.”
The woman fought for her life for weeks but ultimately passed away.
NOW the woman’s wife, family and friends are trying to spread awareness of vibrio – and the risks.
Her wife said:
“It we had known that the risk was so high, I think she would’ve stopped eating oysters.”
Read more HERE