‘The Lion King’ Shattered Five Box Office Records
King Simba lives on to shatter multiple box office records in only 3 days!
By bonneville on July 23, 2019
Disney’s The Lion King RULED the box office it’s opening weekend with MASSIVE numbers! Did you go see it yet? I loved it, Disney did an amaze job with the remake. Simba and his crew brought in $191.8 million in its North American debut and $543.6 million worldwide according to Box Office Mojo. PLUS, shattered 5 box office records, check it out:
1. Biggest Domestic Opening of All Time for a Disney Remake
2. Biggest Disney Opening of All Time Outside of Marvel and LucasFilm
3. Biggest Domestic Launch Ever for a PG Movie, Animated or Otherwise
4. Biggest July Opening of All Time
5. Eighth-Biggest Domestic Opening of All Time
We can not wait to see Disney’s next live-action movie, Mulan Spring 2020! Watch the trailer here!
Meet Vicki Oh! on Instagram @onairwithvicki