Yes, seriously! These are Butterball’s instructions to cooking your bird in the microwave!
How to microwave a turkey
(These instructions are for a 9-pound bird)
1. Thaw your turkey first – don’t put a frozen turkey in the microwave!
2. Place turkey breast side down on a microwave-safe dish/plate.
3. Microwave it for 4 minutes per pound on full power (so 36 minutes for this 9lb turkey).
4. Remove drippings.
5. Flip it over on its breast and cook at 50 percent power for 8 minutes per pound, with 4 intervals (about every 18 minutes, while checking the turkey temp at each interval.
6. Don’t forget to baste and add a browning sauce for a golden brown look that you are used to.