Sacramento Free Museum Day means you and the family are getting into a tons of local museums for FREE! See when it’s happening and which museums are offering FREE admission and how to get a free ride on Regional Transit that day!
ABC10.com says that the 21st Free Museum Day is happening Saturday, February 2nd here in Sacramento. There’s going to be 24 local museums that will be offering free admission to you and your family that day.
SacMuseums.org says that the following museums are going to be participating in free Museum Day:
- Aerospace Museum of California
- California Automobile Museum
- California Museum
- California State Capitol Museum
- California State Library
- California State Railroad Museum
- Don & June Salvatori California Pharmacy Museum
- Folsom History Museum
- Leland Stanford Mansion State Historic Park
- Locke Boarding House Museum
- Maidu Museum & Historic Site
- SSVMS Museum of Medical History
- Old Sacramento Schoolhouse Museum
- Powerhouse Science Center
- Roseville Utility Exploration Center
- Sacramento Children’s Museum
- Sacramento Historic City Cemetery
- Sacramento History Museum
- Sojourner Truth African American Museum
- State Indian Museum
- Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park
- Verge Center for the Arts
- Wells Fargo History Museum (Capitol Mall)
- Wells Fargo History Museum (Old Sacramento)
Not only can you get free admission to the museums on Feb 2nd, you can also get a free ride to and from the museums on RT!
“Sacramento Regional Transit (SacRT) is offering free rides on all buses and light rail trains on Saturday, February 2 only with a printed SacRT Museum Day flyer (only one flyer needed per family or group). A screen shot of the flyer from a smartphone is also acceptable. To print or display the flyer, please visit www.sacrt.com. For more information specifically about SacRT park-and-ride stations and schedules, visit sacrt.com/services.”
How cool is THAT?! This sounds like a really fun, FREE day out for the family!