Cyclospora Parasite, Food Poisoning, McDonald's Salads
(Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

Over 100 People Sick With Parasite Linked To Salads From McDonald’s

If you’re heading to McDonald’s any time soon, you may want to avoid the salads. Over 100 people are already sick, and health authorities suspect the cyclospora parasite…

According to Delish, cyclospora causes intestinal illness after consuming contaminated water or food. Symptoms include diarrhea, weight loss, stomach pain, vomiting, nausea, and more. It also takes about one week from initial infection before sickness sets in.

While they are still investigating, authorities believe their is a link between the sickness and McDonald’s salads. The Illinois Department of Public Health gave a statement, saying:

“The initial investigation indicates a link to consumption of McDonald’s salads produced for McDonald’s restaurants. Approximately one-fourth of Illinois cases reported eating salads from McDonald’s in the days before they became ill.”

Celebrity News: Demi Lovato Opens Up About Strict Eating Regime Before Quitting Dieting

So far, there have been 90 cases of illness in Illinois and 15 in Iowa. McDonald’s is cooperating with the investigation, and they said in a statement:

“Out of an abundance of caution, we decided to voluntarily stop selling salads at impacted restaurants until we can switch to another lettuce blend supplier. We are in the process of removing existing salad blend from identified restaurants and distribution centers — which includes approximately 3,000 of our U.S. restaurants primarily located in the Midwest.”

Head right here to learn more. Also, let us know in the comments what you think about this. Will you order a salad from the fast food chain knowing all of this?

Woman Pushes McDonald’s Employee Into Fryer Over Wrong Order [VIDEO]

Check Also

liam payne

Liam Payne Puts ‘Haunted’ L.A. Home Up For Rent Post Cheryl Split

Liam Payne is renting out his home in Los Angeles for $60,000 a month after his split with Cheryl Cole. Turns out the place is a little haunted!